Turn on the XDMCP feature on the server
To turn on the XDMCP feature on the server computer:
- Select the menu: System -> Administration -> Login Window
- In the Login Window Preferences dialog window, select: Remote Tab -> Style: Same as Local
- Then close the dialog window and restart the server computer.
Login from a client PC running Ubuntu
There is more than one way to login from a client PC
Connect from the login screen
- Logout from your current session
- Select Actions on the login screen
- Choose "Run XDMCP Chooser"
- Add the host name or the ip address of computer you want to login to.
Connect from the current X session
To login to a remote X server from the current session you need to install the xnest package.
Then you can use tsclient program or run the Xnest command like this:
$ Xnest -ac -kb -query 192.168.1.1 :1 -geometry 1024x768